zaterdag 22 oktober 2016

The joy of colour!






Hello dears,
without realising it, the colours I am currently using 
to make a blanket are a bit autumnal, don't you think?
Not my usual choice but I really like them anyway; 
it's the combination of them all that does it for me.







And look, I am already choosing a colour scheme for a next 
blanket! I really want to crochet a 'log cabin blanket', but I find it difficult to choose 
the right shades that work together in one block and in the blanket as a whole....
I tried Lucy's   pattern last year, which is stunning and beautiful,
but I wanted to use different colours and there I went wrong.
She cleverly uses 18 (!) colours of yarn in one block!
So, this winter I am trying a much simpler pattern that only uses seven colours,
and hopefully that will work out.






This is the first range I came up with.
Really like it, but they are my safe and usual colours to go for...
Not so bad maybe but I have to try and see if other combinations will work for me also,
you know, getting out of one's comfort zone and such :-).
That Lucy is a great example for me you can see here too, 
I am using her peg method for choosing yarn colours because it works really well!






The second one is not spectacularly different, 
but might be very nice too, a bit less bright...
I want to use the blanket as a cover  for our bed so I have to 
take that in consideration too.
I'll have to sleep on it I think (sorry for the pun ;-)).






Talking about colours: the garden is still doing it's best to deliver too!
Look at those delightful sweetpeas, really the last ones of this year and
smelling like a delicious summer's day.

Wishing you all a colourful and lovely weekend lovelies!


33 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtige kleuren heb je uitgekozen! Zowel voor de deken die je aan het haken bent als de kleuren voor je nieuwe deken. Ik ben heel benieuwd naar het resultaat!
    Hele fijne week en veel haakplezier!
    Liefs,
    Nadine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ha, de bolletjes hoog en droog voor de snoezepoezen .... ;-)

    Wat een leuke kleurencombinaties : Kaffe Fassett waardig !
    Ha, dat brutale "mosterd" ertussen ;-)

    Ohhhhh ..... nog Lathyrus ???? Bofferd ! Fijn weekend meidje !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wat een mooie kleuren heb je gekozen! Dat word een prachtige deken.
    Jij hoeft je niet te vervelen aankomende winter. XX Esther

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Lovely colours for your blanket and indeed, they look a bit autumnal with the light brown and purple.
    I'm eager to see the result when it's finished.
    Enjoyed your pictures again.
    Have a nice day,
    Sigrid

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Ooohh... een log cabin! Ben benieuwd naar je patroon.
    Ik ben nog steeds erg blij met mijn logcabin. Ik zou graag nog een keer een log cabin maken in andere kleuren (niet verder vertellen aan Manlief :-))) Wie weet, ooit.
    Ondertussen geniet ik gewoon mee bij jou :-)
    Lieve groetjes,
    Sandra

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Aah ja, die van jou was wél gelukt en heel mooi geworden :-)!! Maarre... houdt manlief niet van dekens ;-)?Liefs!

      Verwijderen
  6. Mooi die deken en je nieuwe log cabin gaat net zo mooi worden...echt super zo die knijpers!!! Lieve groet Petra

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Color choosing is not my area of expertise. I love all the bright colors I see everywhere but at home I tend to go for more muted. Good luck!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Wat maak je toch mooie blogposten!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Dear Mirjam,
    what beautiful colors !!!!!!! It makes me feel happy to see all these nice colors!
    Hugs and lovely greetings
    Yvonne

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Mooie post. Prachtige foto's allemaal, werkelijk een lust voor het oog.

    En ja, de kleuren zijn perfect!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I'm a bit behind with my blog reading but finally stopped by. Love the blanket.
    Amalia
    xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Hi Mirjam, long time no see, I hope you're doing well! The wonderful blanket must be ready meanwhile, isn't it? Sending you my best wishes for the new year, lots of luck, health and fun :-). Hope to read you again soon!
    Nata xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Hai! Het blijft wel heeeeel lang stil hier hoor... ik kom elke keer weer even spieken, maar helaas nog geen nieuw blogje. Ik wens je een goed begin van het jaar 2017 toe!
    Groetjes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Mooie post. Prachtige foto's allemaal, werkelijk een lust voor het oog.


    หีฟิต

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. beautiful work :) and what attention to detail! I admire and congratulate

    หนังออนไลน์

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. I love all the things you share and see your beautiful creation. Thank you for sharing with everyone. I know everything about you. It's great and it's great.
    เที่ยวเมืองไทยที่ไหนดี

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

  17. I loved reading your article! Thanks for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. The amazing info you share with us! Amazing Post, Thank you for sharing this post really this is awesome and very useful, Thank you

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Installed FMWhatsApp but the was not able to hide last seen features.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. microsoft365.com/setup/family product key is a secured 25 digit alphanumeric code
    series xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. This activation key can be used summarily to
    install and activate the product with ease. One can effortlessly access more information
    about these product keys at microsoft365.com/setup today.

    Best regards : office365.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. You were great and everyone received so much from your experience and knowledge. Absolutely amazing, thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. 바카라사이트

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 1d076f03960bf99d728bf7aaa059557f
    website kurma
    website kurma
    numara onay

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. ded8b0f9b6c59583edd3c88345b97f96
    altın dedektörü

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen